Thursday 16 February 2012

FUJIFILM STUDENT AWARDS-Evaluation of Body shoot

I was much more prepared for this photo-shoot having set up the back drop and lights before hand, however I did come across a couple of problems. I initially started with the model in a nude coloured underwear set, however when practising the images with the digital camera it became clear that the this underwear didn't fit with the image, it was very obviously different from the skin and drew unwanted attention. I discussed with the model if she minded taking the underwear off altogether, which she was initially unsure of however I made her feel more comfortable by explaining the type of image I wanted, that it was very tasteful and she agreed. I went to the shoot prepared with a few quick sketches of how I thought each image of a natural object could be replicated in some way. However when showing these to the model it soon became clear that my sketches were not possible as I hadn't been sympathetic to the body being rigid in certain areas, it also was also apparent that I hadn't used scale in my drawings and unfortunately some of the positions were just not possible. Instead I decided to try my best to just focus on lines within the body, looking at curling up the body as far as I could.

PLEASE SEE ME FOR THE IMAGES - Model didn't want the images on Blogger 



I am very happy with the images I have produced, some of the lines in particular are very elegant and twisted . This bottom right image is my favourite and I immediately paired it with one of the flower images, although I haven't managed to produce the body in an exact way of a natural object, I can see however that certain parts of the objects can be replicated with maybe multiple body images.

No comments:

Post a Comment