Sunday 26 February 2012

FUJIFILM STUDENT AWARDS-Experimenting with layers, Digital.

After having trouble with the darkroom techniques I decided to try doing the same thing but using digital aid. This was much easier, I scanned the images into the computer and altered each separately, as I did in the darkroom to create two separate, technically sound images. I then began by layering the body image ontop of the flower image and resized so that it was where I wanted it. I then lowed the opacity of the body layer to make it less obvious and blend in more to the original flower image. I made the edge of the body layer even softer by gently erasing the edges.
I am really pleased with this final image, it is exactly how I imagined the images to be and it is much more effective than the prints I did in the darkroom. The digital print was also much easier and quicker to produce.

I decided to produce two of these images for my final collection, I think they work really well together, the flower is very delicate which works well with the layering technique. The body fits well in the depths of the flower, It is almost hard to make the body out in the second image. This is exactly how I imagined the images, I wanted them to fit together perfectly, looking as if they were made that way.



No comments:

Post a Comment