Sunday 26 February 2012

FUJIFILM STUDENT AWARDS-Evaluation

I am very pleased with the final images that I have produced. My final images were manipulated digitally, I think if I had more time I would have liked to do all of the post production in the darkroom, however I had to be realistic with the deadline and it wasn't possible. My main inspiration for the flower images was Imogen Cunningham, who has produced some very beautiful and delicate, detailed images of still life, this is exactly what I wanted to produce. I didn't achieve the same detail as Cunningham, mainly because she uses a large format camera, I used a 35mm camera on the time basis. If I had a longer time with this project I would have liked to experiment again with the large format camera, achieving a higher quality starting image. It was then the likes of Watson, Greenfield and Mikkinen that made me think about the way in which the body can be displayed and changed. After realising I couldn't achieve what I wanted with the body alone, I decided to look at ways of presenting the images. I found the work of Ellen Rogers who inspired me to use both images in my work, creating the same idea in a different way. I think this style of layering also fits well with the extreme brief as it is an extreme form of printing.
I believe I have worked really well on this project, I took the brief of extreme, which didn't inspire me as much as some, and tried to do something that was interesting to me, looking at extreme body positions and then extreme printing methods. I will enter my image into the Fuji competition and see how far it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment